Current Style: Standard
The Rice Research Station, Vyttila is situated in a representative site in the centre of the pokkali tract. This station started functioning during the year 1958 in a leased land in Kunnara, and was shifted to the present site in 1963. The station was taken over by the KAU in 1974. Taking into account the importance of fish- prawn culture during the saline phase, a unit for fisheries research was established during the year 1976. At present the station has a total area of 8.91 ha of which 4.25 ha are wet land.
[ Back ]
Visitors since January 1, 2015:
Like us on Facebook