The Executive Committee is the chief executive authority of the University. The committee consists of twelve members with the Vice-Chancellor as Chairman. It shall have the powers including general superintendance and control over the institutions of the University
Constitution of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee consists of 12 members
Ex-Officio Members (3)
- The Vice-Chancellor (Chairman)
- The Agricultural Production Commissioner
- Secretary to Government, Finance Department
Other Members (9)
- The member representing ICAR
- One member elected from the Deans of the faculty
- One member elected from the teachers of the General Council
- Five non-official members of the General Council (one SC/ST and one woman)
- MLA representing the constituency in which the HQ of KAU is situated
The Executive Committee has six sub-committees. They are
- Finance Committee
- Planning and Development Committee
- Research Review Committee
- Establishment Committee
- Students Welfare Committee
- Works Committee.
Powers of the Executive Committee
The executive powers including general superintendence and control over the institutions of the University are vested with the Executive Committee. It also has the following powers to:
- make ordinances and to amend or repeal the same.
- withhold or cancel the results of any candidate at any University examination.
- accept endowments, bequests, donations and transfers of any movable or immovable properties to the University on its behalf, provided all such endowments, bequests, donations and transfers shall be reported to the General Council at its next meeting.
- exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Act, Statutes and Ordinances.
Last updated on April 18, 2016