The Academic Council is the body responsible for the maintenance of standards in educational programmes and examinations.
Constitution of Academic Council
The Academic Council consists of 34 members.
- The Vice-chancellor (Chairman)
- Deans of Faculties
- Director of Academics
- Director of Research
- Director of Extension
- Director of Students Welfare
- University Librarian
- The Director of Agriculture
- The Director of Animal Husbandry
- Five members from among those connected with services of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Forestry, Fisheries, Dairy Development, Co-operation and Community Development nominated by the Chancellor
- Five scientists from the ICAR and/or its institutions, from other Universities of India or from well known scientists in India, nominated by the Chancellor
- Six members from among the Heads of Departments of the Faculties nominated by the Chancellor on rotation basis
- Three members from among the staff of the research stations of the University, nominated by the Chancellor
- Two members from among the Post-graduate students
- One member from among the Research students of the University, elected in such manner as may be prescribed
- One member elected by the teachers (other than the Dean) of each Faculty, from among themselves
- The Registrar.
The Academic Council may also co-opt as members, not more than ten persons for such periods and in such manner as may be prescribed, so as to secure adequate representation to different aspects of agriculture.
Last updated on June 25, 2014