To Provide human resources, skills and technology required for sustainable development of agriculture, including crop production, co-operation, forestry, agricultural engineering, home science and other allied disciplines by integrating education, research and extension.
The University focuses its strategy on synergizing multi-disciplinary education and strengthening problem-specific research relevant to the state and help building innovative extension systems for sustainable management of natural resources, sustainable agricultural production and overall improvement of rural livelihoods.
To achieve the Mission and Goal, the University propose to adopt the following programmes:
- Provide quality education in Agriculture, Horticulture, Co-operation, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Home Science and other allied disciplines.
- Undertake basic, applied and adaptive research to address current and future challenges of farming community and to provide management options relevant to the prevailing agroclimatic and socioeconomic situations.
- Generate appropriate technologies to support sustainable growth of agricultural entrepreneurship and agri-business.
- Develop innovative extension strategies and formulate effective mechanisms for Transfer of Technology to institutions and farmers for enhanced and sustainable agricultural production leading to improved rural livelihoods.
- Locate and protect biodiversity to preserve agro-ecosystem of the state and to document traditional knowledge and technologies.
Last updated on June 1, 2015